Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

First things first, I have a poem up at Disappearing City. It is called "Build-Up" go ahead and read it for FREE!

Finally, 2008 is done. Can't say it was the best of times for me, at least from a personal standpoint. creatively, it was pretty good. Improved my prose and poetry skills, and most importantly published more stories and poems than ever before. 2009 will hopefully bring success on more fronts. For whatever reason I always have a dislike of years ending in "9" exceptions being made for 1789, or course. That 9 is such a stub, the end of a decade. Yes it is an effect that comes after the decade is already over and historians look back and christen those ten years some sort of an era. 2009 will be the end of the "aughts," a time of chaotic malaise, as far as I am concerned.

Still looking for work, still looking for a place that I can really call home, just looking to belong somewhere. Perhaps I should hone my wanderlust to an art in 2009. I could get a start on the next decade and change myself before the world requires us all to do things differently, with that nagging excuse, "this isn't the aughts anymore!" or "it's 2010, 2011, 2012, etc... fer Christ's sake."

No comments: