Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Progress of My Poetry



Well it's been a while since I posted. I've moved, written, submitted, gotten drunk a few times (not enough), worked, packed, unpacked, and braved the Chinatown Bus. Of course whether or not I am smothered to death by Arlington remains to be seen. I recently passed 2000 pages of poetry and I thought it would be good to reflect on how much I've written since I started versifying. Now there are some caveats to this approach. Namely much of the early work is an educated guess. Also there can be many poems to a page or many pages to a poem. They do not equal one another, though they might if I ever wanted to count it up, but David didn't fare too well with his census, so why would I? It seems to resemble a population curve, slow growth, then rapid increase, and slowing down. Why this trend? In short, post-graduation life was a bitch. Though now perhaps I have hit my carrying capacity. or maybe it is because I spend all my time now having to write about the life and death of minor English Physicists and the dates of incorporation for towns in Massachusetts in order to join question to answer for Encyclopedia.com.





No comments: