Friday, April 30, 2010

Possible Book Titles

Okay, I have one more post let to make for the month, so I'm going to make it count. A few years ago (2005) I wrote a novel and have been editing it here and there for half a decade. It is a coming of age story for two young college freshmen, set in New York City, with an updating of sorts of Goethe's Sorrows of Young Werther. One of these days it will end up on somebody's bookshelf, but before then it needs a better title. The default one is "Brief Smiles," but it doesn't stand out enough. Here are some I have been considering, some more than others, what do you all think?

Brief Smiles

Everything With Wings Is Restless

Combination of the Two

Born to Go

The Millennials

Intercession Hours

The Late Great Planet Werner

War, What is it Good For?

The Bearditudes

The Towers and the Streets

Between the Windows of the Sea

Far From Perfect

Our Lady of Perpetual Astonishment

In the Devil’s Territory

Stained to Perfection

Trimalchio in West Egg

The City and its Discontents

I don't know what it is, but italics sure do make everything look bibliographical!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like The Millenials and The Tower and the Streets

Diipo said...

I go for "Everything with wings is restless" sounds like a proverb.