Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nanowrimo and Infinite Chest


The novel I am working on for NaNoWriMo (like Qaddafi, there are many ways to write it) is coming along. I am adding large piles of words to it daily. My only fear is that November 30th will come and I will still have much more to write about. It seems every day there are new scenes, asides, observations, conversations, and descriptions that I want to add. I guess it serves me right for not planning it out much before starting. No matter what happens, it has put me over the 4,000,000 word mark for everything that I've written. That comes out to roughly 16,000 pages (at 250 words per page).

Poems continue to be published. I have one for all you premed students. It appeared a couple months ago in CHEST: the Journal of the American College of Chest Physicians. I submitted one and it was published. That's right folks, I was published in a peer-reviewed journal! Despite the title of the magazine, I assure you it is completely clean and is not about ogling breasts.

I also have poems in the first issue of S/Word, this one, this one, and this one.

No comments: