Wednesday, November 2, 2011

National Novel Writing Month Is Here

Or NaNoWriMo for short. This November writers across the Anglosphere will work to churn out a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month. The event has been going on for several years. It's not too late to get started if you've been looking for an excuse to get writing on the tome you've always wanted to write. There are events, forums, emails, tips, and classes for those who want them as part of the experience. This is the first time I will be participating officially. I have written novels before (thought none have been published yet) and some during the month of November. But none of them were written entirely within the 30 day period as stipulated per the rules.  Now I am writing away on my work and have 2,210 words to my credit, a decent start. My plan is to produce a short, picaresque novel that functions as a thinly veiled retelling of my burned out days here in Arlington, Virginia.

No comments: